it’s us, your favorite deathy magazine here to shake our tailbones in your general direction RE: the things that we published last year that are now ready for your award nomination considerations.
HERE ARE THE STORIES ON THE LOCUS RECOMMENDED READING LIST
there are seven–we are several multiples of seven times honored to have stories on this list!
“A Dervish Among the Graves of Ghazni,” Tanvir Ahmed
“WE,” Phoenix Alexander
“Sunday in the Park with Hank,” Leah Bobet
“Thirteen Goes to the Festival,” L Chan
“The Long Way Up,” Alix E. Harrow
“The Projectionists,” E.M. Linden
“Give This Letter to the Crows,” Iona Datt Sharma
if you haven’t yet, but are interested, here is the link to cast your vote in the Locus Poll.
HERE ARE THE POEMS THAT ARE NOMINATED FOR A RHYSLING
there are three and we are very proud of them:
Shipwrecked, Gretchen Tessmer
Time Skip, by Alyza Taguilaso
My Great-Grandmother’s House, by Madalena Daleziou
THE SHORT STORIES THAT ARE AWARD-ELIGIBLE AKA WE PUBLISHED THEM IN 2022
- Issue 09
- Bayú – Michael Baez Arroyo
- The Long Way Up – Alix E. Harrow
- Pale Horsepower – Cara Masten DiGirolamo
- Issue 10
- My Cloak of Keys – Fran Wilde
- Animal Sacrifice – Mar Stratford
- Issue 11
- Thirteen Goes to the Festival, L Chan
- Their Blood Smells of Love and Terror, Josh Rountree
- Issue 12
- This Is I, KT Bryski
- The Morthouse, Maria Haskins
- Issue 13
- The Projectionists, E.M. Linden
- To Build Eternity, With Bones, Gunnar De Winter
- In Water, We Survive, Ai Jiang
- Issue 14
- Give This Letter to the Crows, Iona Datt Sharma
- Issue 15
- Sunday In the Park With Hank, Leah Bobet
- This Residue Light, Ewen Ma
- Beautiful Oaths, Shanna Germain
- Issue 16
- WE, Phoenix Alexander
- The Greatest Mercy, Micah S. Vernon
- Issue 17
- A Dervish Among the Graves of Ghazni, Tanvir Ahmed
- The Time I Watch the Foxes Drink, Jonothan Pickering
- Issue 18
- Death Work, K.S. Walker
- The Watchers in the Stairwell, Emily Henry Burnham
- Issue 19
- Pleiades, Wesley Woolf
- The Counting Ghosts, Bernie Jean Schiebeling
- Issue 20
- Harvest of Bones, Eugenia Triantafyllou
- L’Homme de Houbigant, Jonathan Louis Duckworth and Joe Koch
the Nebula nominations close on February 28th 11:59 PST — here is the link to the nomination form.
if you are a member of SFWA you might as well consider The Deadlands 💀
it’s us, we’re a full-on semiprozine.
if you’re the kind of excellent person that votes for best semiprozine, we would just like to take this opportunity to tell you that we are definitely a semiprozine… which we have now done, and so we will move on to:
BEST EDITOR, SHORT FORM
E. Catherine Tobler, our talented and fearless Editor-In-Chief absolutely deserves to be considered for this nomination.
she is, and this is 100% true and written by me, The Publisher of The Deadlands Sean M: THE BEST.
thank you for reading!